Once daily dosing of etravirine (Intelence)?

I was on Efavirenz and Truvada but recently switched to Etravirine and Truvada because of sleep/dream/emotional issues. I saw some research that suggested the 400 mg dose of Efavirine could be taken safely once a day (www.aidsmap.com/print/switching-from-efavirenz-to-etravirine-improves-mood-and-sleep/page/1563260). I am taking it twice daily now, as prescribed, but wonder if it may be possible to take it only once a day? Do you have any opinions about this? My doctor said she is willing to let me try, but I would like to get a second opinion before I do. Thanks!

Response from Dr. McGowan

There is a study with a new formualtion of Intelence that would be given once a day. We are waiting for final results and then the new form would have to get approval from the FDA. The current pills should not be taken once a day. Stay tuned.

Joe

Atripla Side Effects
Pregnancy