A question for you Mr. McGowan

hi I'm Dave, I have an important question about something happend 3 weeks ago. I know it may seem weird, but I worry a lot. I went to the restaurant and had a spinach cream soup. While I was eating it, I saw a kind of reddish/brown drop in my soup. It was a bit mixed in the soup but not completely. I didn't pay much attention and finished the soup, but since the day after, I started to fear a bit that it was a drop of blood. My concern is: if it was a drop of blood contaminated with hiv , is it dangerous to be hiv contaminated just by eating this blood drop in a soup ?

Thanks

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dave,

Would not worry about HIV exposure. Even if it was blood it would have not been a risk to you after it had been cooked. Also oral exposures are very rarely the way HIV is contracted. Don't worry.

In general I would recommend an HIV test for all adults, regardless of the soup incident. If you do not know your HIV status you should get yourself tested.

Best, Joe

extreme itching
Atripla Side Effects