Improvement time on ART

I have just begun a clinical trial of truvada + either Viiv's GSK 572 or Raltegravir. After 4 weeks my Viral Load has dropped from 34k to undetectable and CD4's have gone from 345 to 505. I am really happy with the results, and I feel great, but I just wondered whether these types of results are the norm with these combinations and whether the improvement is likely to be sustained or is just a 'blip'?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Congratulations on your great response to treatment.

The study you are on is comparing 2 Integrase Inhibitors. Integrase Inhibitors are known to lead to very rapid declines in HIV viral load. One study has shown that this very rapid drop in viral load can lead to a sooner return of CD4 counts and balance of CD4 to CD8 ratios to normal levels. It certainly is very encouraging.

Best, Joe

General Question
extreme itching