HIV \ AIDS
Jan 31, 2011
does kiss leads to HIV OR AIDS
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your question.
Kissing would be a very low risk way of acquiring HIV, as long as it doesn't go further than that.
There have been rare cases of HIV transmission associated with kissing. This is usually when one or both partners have bad gum disease (gingivitis) or other sores in the mouth. Deep (French) kissing would be the most risky in this circumstance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- If The Sides Of My Legs Turn Red Is That Neuropathy?
- Difficulty Walking Because Of Neuropathy
- How Does Gabapentin Work On Helping Sensory Neuropathy?
- Will My Partner Get Hpv If I Am Infected?
- Will Any Antibiotic Cure Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.