Erratic Sustiva dosage during weekend

I'm currently on Combivir and Sustiva. I am very strict with my combivir intake schedule while I take Sustiva normally at 11pm before bed. However during weekends for the past 4 weeks now. I take my sustiva at around 3 or 4am cos that's when I arrive home and getting ready to sleep. Is it a good practice? I am very worried about building resistance to the drug. My doctor and literatures that i read said that i should take it before going to bed. What if my bedtime changes on weekends, does it mean I can adjust my sustiva sched too? I am trying to be as med compliant as possible and do understand the importance of adherence to these meds.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thansk for your question. I am glad that you are being very focused on your meds and not missing a dose, that is the best way to ensure success.

Adjusting the dose time to your schedule is fine. As long as you do not miss a dose the blood level of Sustiva will be adequate even a few hours late so you would not be at risk of getting drug resistance from this.

Joe

medications
Test results at 9 weeks