medications

My son was dx. HIV almost a year. He haven"t being in med. His last labs 5,800 copies White blood cell 713 and 543 other thing that I dont remember. They told him that at the moment he dont need med. Its that true?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Assuming that your son is otherwise asymptomatic and doesn't have any other health issues, then current treatment guidelines suggest that HIV treatment start when the CD4 T lymphocyte (aka "T-cell" or "CD4") count is below 500. I'm not entirely sure which of the two numbers that you mention refer to the CD4, but in either case, it's likely that he doesn't need HIV treatment at this time.

This doesn't mean that he shouldn't receive care and monitoring; indeed, I'll use this time to provide education about health and preventive strategies, such as vaccinations, smoking cessation, monitoring of liver, kidney, bone and mental health (to name just a few).

Best of health to both of you, BY

need reply...pl help..confussion abt medication....
Erratic Sustiva dosage during weekend