Why on Earth are Atripla and Isentress Tabs the Same Color?

I was Rx'd both drugs ... and yes, they are different sizes (Atripla the horse pill; Isentress somewhat smaller) and shapes (I. is oval, A. is reg. tab. sized)... but the color is exactly the same: peach.

I finally, after 20 mos. taking 'em, took one when I meant to take the other. Atripla was approved for treatment earlier, so I guess the dopes were the Isentress pharmaceutical maker.

Does this happen to alot of people? It seems like such a weird goof. I'm a careful person, too, and I made the mistake. What gives?

Hello and thanks for your post.

I can't speak to how or why drug companies pick the color of their tablets, but if your only dosing error was 1 in ~1200 (20 months x 30 days/month x 2 doses/day), I don't think that you have much to worry about.

I could offer up a few strategy ideas-- (1) use a pill box and prefill the medications, (2) keep the medications in their supply bottles; the names of the drugs are usually prominent. (3) Before you take your medications, looks at the embossing on the pill. Atripla is embossed "123", Isentress has "227" on it.

Be well, BY

about hive spreadig
NB!! PEP Prescription incorrect