Aspen Lamzid and Efavirenz

Hi

I would like to know if it will be possible to change from this combination to a once a day. i have been on this combination for about 5 months now.

I've also heard of another combination that one can take once a day, at any time. How acurate is this? The combination is apparently CIPLA Efavirenz and DIDIVIR.

Thank you

Hello and thanks for your post.

Of your current medication, the Lamzid cannot be taken once daily. Efavirenz is a once daily drug. It's recommended that efavirenz be taken at bed time to reduce the significance of side effects.

On the other hand, Cipla Didivir (tenofovir/emtricitabine; something we call Truvada) is approved as a once-daily medication.

The combination of tenofovir/emtricitabine with efavirenz is very widely used (here in the US is coformulated as Truvada, in other parts of the world, Cipla distributes the single tablet version known as Viraday).

I hope this helps, BY

the role of time in adherence
about hive spreadig