Should supplements be mixed with the cocktail?

I'm presently on Delavirdine/Fortovase/Viracept. I took Crixivan for approximately 14 mos., and I took AZT numerous times over the past 5 yrs. So, my body has changed drastically -- my Crixibelly is huge, and my AZTbutt is so small it gets lost in some of my pants. I've put on 30 lbs. for a total of 215 lbs. on a medium-frame body, and stand 5' 11". I'm uncomfortable with all this weight, and I can't wear most of my clothes.

Members of my local support group and others on GayPoz have recommended using Creatine Monohydrate to fight the Crixibelly. The dosage is 5 caps, 3-5 times for the first 5 days. After that, you are supposed to take 3-5 caps on an empty stomach 1 hr. before your workout.

To fight fatigue and wake-up a long dormant libido, 50mg of DHEA daily will give me more energy.

Can these supplements reduce the effectiveness of the PIs? Or am I just throwing money away?

Tim

Response from Dr. Gallant

I can't think of any reason that the supplements would interfere with the PIs. I can't say whether you're throwing your money away. But have you considered testosterone or other anabolic steroids? They're safe, cheap, and usually covered by insurance.

JG

Transfusions from family memberson
Does DHEA supplementation fight HIV?