reyataz/norvir/truvada

wondering if i can take xanax while on this HAART regime reyataz, norvir, truvada

Hello and thanks for your post.

Drug-drug interactions are very important to be mindful of, so your question is an important one.

I'll use the HIV Drug Interactions website to assess the risk of such issues. If you plug in your medications here, you'll see that there is a modest risk of increasing Xanax (alprazolam) levels when coadministered with Norvir. In the study cited, a 200 mg dose of ritonavir was used, half of your dose of ritonavir (when dosed with atazanavir); taken in sum, I think that the medications should be ok, but I'd recommend using the lowest effective dose of Xanax.

I hope this is helpful, BY

why multivitamin
First line treatment