Dec 31, 2010
I forgot my medication (efa+3tc+tenofovir) in the car, under the sun. I think the medication was there for 3 hours at 40 degrees celsius. Is my medication still ok to use ?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
According to the package insert, Atripla should be stored at 25 C (77 F)with excursions permitted to 1530 C (5986 F) so theoretically the temperature you cite in your question may be an issue. I would discuss this with your doctor or pharmacist to see if you can obtain an early refill or replacement. Thanks Joe
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- Incurable Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- California Laws On Notification On Aids And HIV
- Causes Of False Negative HIV Tests
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.