|Nevirapine vs. Sustiva
Dec 31, 2010
I read an article on aidsmap.com that stated that a Nevirapine combo is more likely to get VL down to 0. I have been <50 (undetect) for many years on Atripla and wondering if I would benefit any from switching off of my current meds and onto a Nevirapine plan. Thanks in advance for your insight...
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Your virus is undetectable on Atripla so there is no benefit in that regard to switching to a nevirapine-based regimen. In addition, you have been doing well, it appears, on Atripla with no side effects and so exposing yourself to a new drug may not be prudent for that reason. Thanks Joe
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
- Can Your Body Get Rid Of Hep C?
- Other Causes Of Trichomoniasis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.