Messed up my PEP

Hello, I have messed up my PEP regimen. I was exposed to vaginal secretions on non-intact skin on the 6th of Dec. I was put on Truvada and Kaletra by the local emergency room. Subsequently Ive had a nasty abdominal rash, ringing in the ears, palpitations, chest and abdominal pain, slightly elevated amylase, slightly larger than normal red cells, elevated blood pressure... Anyway, as I suspected the Kaletra is the culprit in most of my case. I skipped a dose on day 14 ( I still took the Truvada) and I skipped 2 doses on day 20(missed the whole day on Christmas day) again I have continued with the Truvada. I again tried to forge through with the Kaletra and yesterday Dec the 26th I had more chest pain after the Kaletra dosesso I went to emerge and they gave me an ECG and cardiac bloodwork and no problem was found. i was told to continue with the meeds...so when I got home i tried to take the kaletra and threw 2 back with some milk and within 10 or 15 min I threw up not from nausea but from nerves, im petrified to take there things because of the chest pain and palpitations, regardless if the ER says I have no heart damage, It just doesn't seem right and Im afraid to risk a cardiac event. Do you think I would still be covered for the last 7 days of my PEP if I just stick to the Truvada and drop the Kaletra? Thank You P.S. yes I know I should contact the prescribing DR. but believe me I've tried and he's on holiday until the 4th of Jan

Response from Dr. McGowan

I would try to see a provider who is an HIV specialist or an infectious diseases doctor to evaluate the signs and symptoms that you are experiencing. In the meantime it is reasonable to continue the Truvada. Thanks Joe

reversing hiv medication related fat loss
TMC 278 + Truvada - clinical trial participation