AM I SAFE?

I am going for having my shave done from a nearby saloon for the past 10 years. Then someone told me that razor and blade are potential HIV carriers. Seeing this, i went for a test named "HIV antibody 1/2 and P24 combo test on 25th November. The Index value was 0.25 out of 1.00 and it said Non Reactive.

Please tell me 1) Am i safe? 2) The window period of this test and 3) Is it a good test or not?

I am about to get married in 2 months and im scared...... please help me.....

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for question. There is a theoretical risk if razors/blades contaminated with blood from someone who has HIV are not disinfected or sterilized between clients. Having said that you assured yourself by obtaining an HIV test which by your report was non-reactive. An HIV antibody test is the appropriate test. I do not think you need to obtain a second test at this time. The window period refers to a time when someone who has not seroconverted (or made antibodies) obtains an HIV antibody test. Pre-seroconversion is usually a phase when the individual is experiencing symptoms of acute HIV infection and this is not something you describe in your question. Good luck. Joe

Melatonin and Viral Load
reversing hiv medication related fat loss