strocrin and truvada

Hi doc, thanks for your help. It may be a silly question but it is time for me to start my meds and I will start with stocrin and truvada (genotype already done, and no resistance mutations found). My doctor told me to take truvada with dinner and then before going to bed to take stocrin..., could I take both before going to bed? it is easier and is like taking atripla, isnt it? thank you very much doc and happy new year... my cd4 are 370, cd4% 19%, and viral load 93 k, could I wait three weeks since i have a trip to make next week for two weeks... am i taking risks postponing the meds for three weeks?? thanks

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your questions.

It is perfectly alright to take both the Truvada and Stocrin together before bedtime on an empty stomach, this may make it easier to use once a day....as you say just like Atripla.

A short 3 weeks with CD4 over 350 would not put you at increase risk for getting sick. If you worried about tolerating the meds or having trouble acclimating to the meds while you are away from home, it would be fine to start in 3 weeks, just let your doctor know what you are doing so your next appointment can be scheduled at the right time to check on your initial response to treatment.

Best...good way to start off the new year!

Joe

One missed sustiva/truvada dose?
Melatonin and Viral Load