Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One missed sustiva/truvada dose?
Dec 29, 2010

Should I be worried if I missed one dose of my sustiva/truvada treatment? I've been on these meds for less than a month, a little over two weeks to be precise. I am very worried about building resistance to the drugs. I am trying to be as med compliant as possible and do understand the importance of adherence to these meds.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am glad that you are very focused on taking your meds and not missing doses. This approach will ensure you the best outcome. A single missed dose should not compromise your treatment since the drugs do not clear immediately from the blood. Try to do your best. Take them before bedtime on an empty stomach for best tolerability.

Good luck, Joe

Previous
Zerit.
Next
strocrin and truvada

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.