Zerit.

Dr. Are Dr.'s still prescibing Zerit? I was on it for the first 5 or so yrs of infection. It really did a number on my body shape and face with lipoatrophy. After being off it for the over 5 yrs or so. Ive noticed some weight gain in the usual problems areas butt, legs, Etc. Ive had sculptra with some good results in face. They should ban it. The adds are so misrepresentative of true outcomes. Maybe keep it as very last resort. Truly is a disfiguring med. and people should know that upfront. I didnt. Thanks.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for sharing your experience. Many people have had similar side effects from stavudine. It definitely had its role to play in the early days of treatment when few options were available. As you suggest, it would have limited use today when safer options are on the market. The side effects were always variable and some people have taken it for years and tolerate it well, for them it has to be an individual decision on whether to switch if they feel "it isn't broken".

Joe

Confused about the swiss study
One missed sustiva/truvada dose?