HIV test and testing prerequsites

Sir, I just have 2 concerns that I am putting forward to you: 1.Is there any restriction / preparation for HIV testing like empty stomach or full stomach or 2 hours after taking food or water or is it that any body can go /walk any time and do the testing ? 2.I have tested HIV 2 times on 2 different methods and they are as follows :

The first report is: Rapid Screening test for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies HIV 1 NON-Reactive. HIV 2 NON-Reactive Method Immunochromatography. Kit used HIV TRI DOT LotNo. HTD 091024

Note : All reactive samples should be cross checked with a different ELISA system and /or Western B lot test for information. Remarks:

The second report is : Detection of HIV p24 antigen and antibodies to HIV type 1 and/or HIV type 2- Result: Non-Reactive (0.19) Chemilluminescent Microparticle immunoassay (CMIA)(Architect, Abbott)

(This is a screening test and there may be false positive and false negative results in a small percentage of cases for various reasons.) Interpretation: - <1.0: Non-Reactive >/=: Reactive Is the above two method of tests(Rapid test and CMIA) is sufficient or should it be tested in a ELISA or any other method ?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank for your question.

No there is no dietary restriction on when an HIV test can be done. the test measures antibodies against the virus that develop over weeks. The P24 test is a direct measure of part of the virus circulating in the blood, likewise it's detection would not be affected by eating.

Since both screeing are negative this should be very reassuring.

Best, JOe

expuose to the HIV virus in a fight
about semen