Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

about colities
Dec 6, 2010

Thanks you very much Respected Dr. I read you mail and really i feel nice. Yes my CD+4 down 565 to 385. Now i feel nice . Can you advised me i taken only Virady and some Dr. told Virady taken with Bictrim DS. It's best salution . Or any best medices for me because i know i do wrong and i want to leave long life for my son. Again thanks Dr. you have reply me and get me time. many thanks

Response from Dr. McGowan

Viraday is generic Atripla (tenofovir, emtricitabine and efavirenz) which is generally quite effective for HIV. Be sure to have your blood monitored to ensure that you have a complete response (fully suppressed viral load and improving CD4 count). Some people do acquire or develop drug resistant virus. The best way to avoid this is to take your meds every day and try not to miss a dose. That way the virus wil be "knocked out" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Best to you,

Joe

Previous
Stop takeing hiv meds!
Next
am i a viremic controller?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.