Stop takeing hiv meds!

I been haveing terable nasea for well over a year I started hiv meds about 1 1/2 years ago. The nasea has lead to a loss of a job and severe depression at this point I can't take it anymore dr had med on atripla but was so depressed she toke me off it and now truvada and raytaz iam still sick I been take ng benidryl bought 9 times a day witch helps... is this normal to have such nasuea ?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having so much difficulty with your medications. Mild nausea isn't that uncommon after starting on medications, but usually resolves. If you're still having "terrible" nausea, you should definitely readdress this with your doctor. There are multiple other options that shouldn't cause this side effect.

The Benadryl isn't really a treatment for nausea but for allergy- either way, 9 times a day is a lot of Benadryl and speaks to quite significant side effects.

I hope this helps; know that there should be a well-tolerated regimen out there for you.

BY

got jaundice due to atazonavir
about colities