NON REACTIVE HEPATITIS B
Nov 29, 2010
good day..sir may i ask about the hepatitis b ...my question is why the non reactive hepatitis b is always failed if taking a medical result for work.the dr. said no meds for it but it can transmit to another.
Response from Dr. McGowan
Hi, not quite sure about what you are asking but it may be regarding 1 of 2 things:
1) If it is response to hepatitis B vaccine? It is true that up to one third of people may not develop antibodies after vaccination against hepatitis B. Usually we would repeat the vaccine series and have found that using a higher (double) dose produces better antibody levels. Also repeating vaccination after HIV is suppressed and CD4 counts increased may yield better results
2) The other possibility may be PreCore mutant hepatitis B in which certain parts of heptitis B (e Antigen) are not found in the blood, but a erson may have hepatitis B (detectable by viral load or DNA levels) and have evidence of liver disease. Hepatitis B can be transmitted under these conditions. Treatment with tenofovir + either lamivudine or emtricitabine as part of HIV combination may help suppress the hep B as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- Will I Always Have Discharge With Herpes?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
- What If My Herpes Culture Came Back Negative?
- Syphilis From Receiving Fellatio
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.