help n rescue

Hi Dr. I would like to is a person has unprotected sex and four months following to the same he has an undetectable Plasma viral load and CD4 count as 750. CD4% 28% . All tests necessary for other organs are normal too . I do sometimes have flue like symptoms. Could you tell if the above figures are possible in a newly infected person. How long does it take to reach the time for medication if i am freshly infected. Can i today live a normal healthy life span. Am i in a good shape.

please rescue me

Response from Dr. McGowan

You do not need to be rescued. These tests are not consistent with being infected with HIV. Although the CD4% is slightly low it is close to the normal range. MOst importantly the viral load and antibody tests are negative at 4 months. If your flu-like symptoms were from HIV we would expect a very high viral load to go along with it. Practice safer sex in future and don't worry about this.

Joe

hiv+ and plan pregnancy
Only prescribed combivir