IS THIS FINE AS PEP

hey doc, i have been taking lamivudine 150 mg and zidovudine 300mg 2wice a day for PEP now for the past 5 days. I am taking them separately, not together as combivir. Is it ok taking them like this and not as combivir? also i missed 2 doses on day 4( ie missed the whole day 4) , the sideeffects were to great, but i got back on the meds because i was scared of what would happen if i stopped. I hope that doesn't severely affect my chances of it working, it was a low risk exposure?

Response from Dr. McGowan

There is no difference (other than convenience and possibly less cost if you are using generic zidovudine) in taking the meds separately or as combivir. The missed dose for side effects should be OK. The most important time is getting the first doses as soon as possible after exposure. Speak to your doctor about meds to treat your symptoms or alternatives if the side effects persist.

Best, Joe

how long can you have the clap
Help! problem with HIV results for pregnancy blood test