|Transfusions from family memberson
Jan 12, 1998
One of my sisters thought she heard something about treatment for HIV+ people involving blood transfusions from non-infected family members. Do you know anything about this?? Also, another sister is pregnant and was wondering about the use of cord blood...?
| Response from Dr. Gallant
We transfuse patients with HIV all the time. It helps their anemia, but there's no reason it would help treat their HIV infection. It wouldn't make any difference whether the blood came from a family member or whether it was cord blood.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.