HIV + American studying in Europe

Is it possible for a student coming from the states who is over the age of 28 to get coverage that will allow them to get their meds while abroad? I have a medicare advantage plan now which I know doesn't cover me, but I need to know what my options are. I believe I can get a plan that covers me for emergencies like if I break a leg, etc and have to go to the emergency room, but not doc visits. Is there such coverage that will meed my particular special needs?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I know of no coverage for meds while studying abroad. You should check with your Medicare Advantage to Plan to fill the prescriptions in the U. S. and have someone ship them to you.

timing
how long can you have the clap