follow up to Dr McGowans response...

So thanx Dr McGowan for your help....to follow up on my initial question, I was waiting for my repeat VL and Genoplus testing....which have since indicated my VL is 322000 and all three drugs in Atripla I have resistence. So, my ID MD has now prescribed me Isentress, Norvir, Prezista, and Intelence each drug at 2x per day.My follow up is does this seem to be an effective combination regime and what essential info can you share about the long term stability of this combo for someone like myself who is highly committed to compliance to the regiment. Again, thank you for all your efforts.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Glad to hear that you are on a successful treatment. I do have a number of people on this combi who have drug-resistant virus and they are doing fine, even after a couple of years.

The key is to maintain adherence. Once the viral load is undetectable, if that persists for over one year the chances of failure are extremely low.

Best, Joe

pregnant but tested positive with hiv but not taking drugs
Should my son be worried?