Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

in search of some clarity please help thank you
Nov 7, 2010

i recently had sex with a girl freind and she was on her period, i guess it was a dumb move however i did use protection the condom was extend to the base of my penis although when i rolled it off i noticed blood on the inside of the condom more she recently donated blood and was negative on all the std test, but would blood that dripped into condom cause me to be at risk for hiv eventhough i dont think it got to the head of my penis? assuming the worst would hiv survive in the condom or would it be non infectious immediately thank you for your time Dr. McGowan i have asked several questions and your knowledge is very helpful to me thank you,

Response from Dr. McGowan

This would not be a situation that would place you at risk for HIV. If since a condom was used and their was no mucous membrane exposure (only intact skin on your penis), there is no risk there. The fact that she has been recently tested HIV negactive is further reassuring.

Best, Joe

Previous
Dr Mcgowan I looked in the archives before I asked
Next
pregnant but tested positive with hiv but not taking drugs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.