in search of some clarity please help thank you

i recently had sex with a girl freind and she was on her period, i guess it was a dumb move however i did use protection the condom was extend to the base of my penis although when i rolled it off i noticed blood on the inside of the condom more she recently donated blood and was negative on all the std test, but would blood that dripped into condom cause me to be at risk for hiv eventhough i dont think it got to the head of my penis? assuming the worst would hiv survive in the condom or would it be non infectious immediately thank you for your time Dr. McGowan i have asked several questions and your knowledge is very helpful to me thank you,

Response from Dr. McGowan

This would not be a situation that would place you at risk for HIV. If since a condom was used and their was no mucous membrane exposure (only intact skin on your penis), there is no risk there. The fact that she has been recently tested HIV negactive is further reassuring.

Best, Joe

Dr Mcgowan I looked in the archives before I asked
pregnant but tested positive with hiv but not taking drugs