Resistance

I have been on have bben taking Lamzid , Stockrine and Pubac for the last three years. When I started my cd4 count was 89. I went up to 160 and for the lasy year it has been going up slowly with viral load >20. The resent results came back with cd4 count of 399 and viral load of 104. My doctor says with should monitor it before making a decision of changing to something else. What will be the cause of this?

Hi and thanks for your post.

I agree with your doctor. A single viral load of ~100 is not an indicator that you need to change treatment.

There are many reasons for low-level HIV viremia-- ranging from a laboratory error, missed doses of treatment, immune activation (from minor infections or vaccinations).

I would typically repeat a viral load in 1-3 months after such a value. If the second test is undetectable, we'd call the first one a "blip". Previous clinical studies have shown that blips are not a harbinger of treatment failures.

I hope this is helpful. Be well, BY

why would i get kaletra and prezista (?) for exposure only?
insuppressable viral load