why would i get kaletra and prezista (?) for exposure only?
Nov 6, 2010
is it normal to receive a regimen of kaletra (2 tabs 2 times a day) along with what i think is prezista (big orange pill) just to reduce my chances of contracting hiv after exposure? how long would you thnk is normal for sucha regimen?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
One could consider simplifying your regimen to only the 4 daily Kaletra tablets; all PEP regimens should be taken for 4 weeks (or 1 month). You should be sure to get follow up HIV testing too.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is There Any Problem With Taking Milk Thistle While On HIV Meds?
- Is Systemic Candidiasis Contagious?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Blood Splash?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- HIV Infection Risk Masturbation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.