drug interaction

I am on kaletra and truvada and my dentist gave me prescription of erythromycin. Do I need to worry about any side effect or drug interaction? Thank you

Hello and thanks for your post.

Drug interactions can be a very important issue for HIVers, especially when multiple healthcare providers are prescribing treatments. I believe that it's important to be your own advocate in checking if your providers are fully aware of any possible interactions. In this regard, there aren't any clinically significant interactions between your HIV medications and the erythromycin antibiotic that your dentist has prescribed.

One of the best tools for this is from HIVdruginterations.org from the University of Liverpool in the UK. I strongly encourage our readers to become familiar with this (or other) drug interaction calculators.

Be well, BY

Advise with medical care in the US
how long?