Advise with medical care in the US

Dr Doctors I am about to go to the US, I have not checked my CD$ for 2 years. I wonder if you can advise me about where to get hich quality medical care in the US. I live in Colombia but I would like to see if I can make my controls and ARV strategy in the US. My very best regards.

Hola and thank you for your post from Colombia.

First off, you really should be getting laboratory and clinical monitoring more frequently. Minimally, every 6 months is recommended.

There are many excellent HIV care centers in the US; I'd really hesitate to tell you which one is the best. There are many parameters to consider-- geography, ease of commuting, quality of care, reputation, cost of care, etc. Certainly consider getting information from independent sources, such as AIDS Service Organizations or other patients.

At the risk of shameless self-promotion, you'd be welcome at our Rocky Mountain CARES program in Denver (we do have a number of patients that commute to our clinic from far away)- check out our website or Facebook page for more information.

I hope this helps, BY

Traveling Overseas
drug interaction