|CD4 with out hiv
Nov 1, 2010
Dear Dr, A short question. Can a normal person have a CD4 count of 730 with out being infected. Is this cd 4 count of for a general person with the age of 33.
Response from Dr. McGowan
A CD4 count of 730 can be seen in individuals without HIV infection but can also be observed in inividuals living with HIV infection. The normal range of CD4+ T-cells is very broad. Measuring a CD4 count should not be used as a substitute for an HIV test. Thanks
need to know
Cold And Flu
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
- Condom Slipped Off Pulling Out
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.