can i take bactrim ds with Reyataz, Truvada,& Norvir?
Oct 24, 2010
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Absolutely. Trimethoprim/sulfa (Bactrim, Septra, Cotrimoxazole) is recommended to prevent Pneumocystic pneumonia (PCP) and other AIDS-related infections for all persons with HIV/AIDS with CD4 counts below 200 (or 15%).
There are no significant drug-drug interactions between TMP/SMX and your HIV medications.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Bronchitis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Diarrhea An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Pain In Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.