Takin only one combivir tablet daily

On 28 September 2010, I had unprotected sex with a sexworker. My penis was in her Vagina for less than a minute. The HIV status of the lady is unknown.

After visiting the Doctor, I was prescribed 1 tablet of combvir daily for 28 days. Is this okay?

I took my first tablet about 65 hours post exposure. Is this okay ?

The only symptoms I experience is slight fatigue and slight nausea - but this is only from time to time. Some days go by when I am completely okay.

I highly appreciate your opinion on the above.

No, it's not ok. The standard dose of Combivir (AZT+3TC) is 1 tablet twice daily, whether it be for PEP or standard treatment of HIV.

I'd recommend taking the Combivir twice daily, go back to the pharmacy or doctor to insist on the correct dosing.

Best of health to you, BY

Atripla resistance
Missed doses of Truvada/Isentress