Coconut Oil Studies Effects on HIV
Oct 20, 2010
I'm curious as to what your opinions are of the studies on Coconut Oil with the link I've posted below, either as an adjunct to HAART, or a stand alone benefit for those who are on HAART therapy, experiencing either resistance or treatment complications, and or failure from being on HAART therapy.
Thank you kindly for your thoughts on the subject.
Response from Dr. Young
From my read of this very limited study (and as best I can research, never publicly presented data), there's little support for any activity of coconut oil in treating HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- I Am Nervous About Getting The Results For My Hiv Test
- Can I Get Hiv From Just One Exposure?
- Unprotected Sex And Period Risk Of Hiv
- How Many Times Do You Need The Hepatitis B Shot?
- Percentage Of American Heterosexual Hiv Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.