I have missed my dose of Atripla.

Dear Doctor, I have been diagnosed positive for nearly 2 years now and started taking my Atripla medication 19 months ago - I have always taken my medication with military precision and never skipped a dose during the 19 month course. Last night I fell asleep forgetting my medication. Waken up this morning I had a sinking feeling that I had missed my medication, realising it was still on the side of my bed table.. I taken it straight away at 6:30am and I will take my next one at normal time 10:30pm tonight. My viral load as been undetectable for 18 months and my CD4 count last time it was recorded (3 months ago) was 500. Do I need to worry for my missed dose? I feel terrible about it and I will learn from my mistake... SL

Hello SL and thanks for your post.

If you've missed only a single late dose after 19 months, I'd give you an A++++ grade for adherence. It's good that you're introspective and want to learn from the episode, but not to worry, one missed dose won't risk your long-term prognosis.

Be well, BY

undetectable
I take blood pressure meds every 12 hrs