Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I have missed my dose of Atripla.
Oct 15, 2010

Dear Doctor, I have been diagnosed positive for nearly 2 years now and started taking my Atripla medication 19 months ago - I have always taken my medication with military precision and never skipped a dose during the 19 month course. Last night I fell asleep forgetting my medication. Waken up this morning I had a sinking feeling that I had missed my medication, realising it was still on the side of my bed table.. I taken it straight away at 6:30am and I will take my next one at normal time 10:30pm tonight. My viral load as been undetectable for 18 months and my CD4 count last time it was recorded (3 months ago) was 500. Do I need to worry for my missed dose? I feel terrible about it and I will learn from my mistake... SL

Response from Dr. Young

Hello SL and thanks for your post.

If you've missed only a single late dose after 19 months, I'd give you an A++++ grade for adherence. It's good that you're introspective and want to learn from the episode, but not to worry, one missed dose won't risk your long-term prognosis.

Be well, BY

Previous
undetectable
Next
I take blood pressure meds every 12 hrs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.