Permanent NSAID use

Which NSAID would be safest to use for the rest of your life for a condition that will never go away such as osteoarthritis. My doctor has me on meloxicam, but I wonder if there aren't safer alternatives for permanent use.

Hello and thanks for your post.

NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are a mainstay treatment for many rheumatological diseases; while I'm not expert in arthritis, it seems to me that the best approach is to use the lowest quantity of the medication to get the job done. In the case of osteoarthritis, treatments are multi-faceted, with strengthening exercise and acetominophen as a usual starting point.

NSAIDs do have a defined side effect and toxicity profile which includes gastric bleeding and kidney injury. For this reason, persons who have to take chronic NSAIDs should be regularly monitored.

I hope this helps. BY

Shrooms (Psilocybin) and Atripla
IS THIS EFFECTIVE TREATMENT FOR HIV