Assualt with a used hypodermic needle by homeless man

My daughter was attacked by a homeless man with a hypodermic needle that was out of its sealed wrapping. Her doctor gave her only Lamivudine. my research shows this to be only half the PEP usually prescribed for healthcare workers. Should I be concerned?

Hello and thanks for your post.

You're correct, by current guidelines, PEP is minimally composed of two medications. There are no guidelines that I'm aware of that recommend the use of lamivudine (Epivir) alone. You may already have seen these, but here is the link to the current US Guidelines for PEP.

Best of health to your daughter, BY

Could my negative test be wrong?
Shrooms (Psilocybin) and Atripla