cd4 after 3.5 months
Oct 7, 2010
in 14/6/2010 my cd4 was 258.6 ( 14.29%)then i began meds with truvada+ efavirenz in 25/6/2010.today 7/10/2010 my cd4 is 464.13 (24.3 %). is that good? how and when my cd4 will increse more? thank u.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
I would appear that you've had an excellent initial response to your first-line HIV treatment. Your CD4 has increased about 200 cells or 10% points; rises that we'd be happy to see in 1 year, never mind 4 months.
We usually expect CD4 cells to continue to gradually rise for many years, yours are already nearly in the normal range.
I hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- How To Get Rid Of An Std?
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
- Feeling Better After One Week On HIV Meds
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.