change medication

Dar Sir I change my medication from Lamivudine and stamivudine to lamzidivir my previous cd4 was 416 neo is come down to 361 what is your opinion please, I can go bach the old medication? the only reason I change because for my body was not looking good' please give your opinion we do not have other medication we are leaving Asia country is very difficolt to have new medication please give me your opinion my CD4 in one month is down from 416 to 361 thank you for your attention

Hello and thanks for your question.

So long as your HIV viral load has remained undetectable after the switch to the new medication, there's no particular reason why one couldn't switch back. That said, before jumping ship, it would be good to appreciate that small changes in CD4 count can occur from day to day and don't necessarily mean anything significant. Moreover, the ZDV (or AZT) part of Lamzivivir (we call it Combivir here) can cause small decreases in absolute CD4 without the accompanying decreases in CD4 percentage.

If possible, look at your CD4 percentages in the two tests in question- if they are the same, then there's really no need to change.

I hope this is helpful, BY

HIV meds and cocaine safe??
Changing treatment to Atripla?