Is my ART failing?

Im almost on my 3rd month taking 3TC+AZT+Efavirenz now. During the first month it was worst but gradually I felt better on the second month. Now that Im about to complete my third month I started to feel worst again - for 4 days now and before that I can recall for a single moment I had unprotected sex with my partner who is also a poz who is not yet on ART. My bowel is quite foamy than normal and ive been going in and out of the toilet for at least 2x a day. I fart most of the time and feeling fatigue that is close to having fever in the afternoon. Is this a sign of possible ART failure?

I will have my lab test this 3rd week of October, should I visit my doctor as early as now given the symptoms?

Hello and thanks for your post.

While most initial efavirenz-based regimen side effects improve in the first 2 or 3 weeks, it sounds like you're experiencing significant unwanted side effects well past this time point.

I would certainly think that a discussion with your doctor is in order to plan your next steps; hopefully one that has fewer side effects.

Be well, BY

hiv
HIV meds and cocaine safe??