unprotected sex with a woman of unknown status
Sep 29, 2010
on Thursday I had unprotected sex with a woman of unknown status and on Saturday I got Aspen Lamzid pills, which where prescribed to me to take 1 twice a day for five days. is this prescribtion right
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, the dose of your post-exposure medication (Lamzid, we call it Combivir here) is correct. However, the usual duration for any PEP regimen is 28 days (or 1 month).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Body Itch, Joint Pain, Numbness HIV Symptoms?
- Are Lymph Node Swelling Ringing Ears Vision Change Signs Of Hiv?
- Blood Got Into Nose HIV Risk
- Can Vaginal Fluid On The Condom Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.