your help 2

Thank you dr'

as you did answer my question below with a confusion . The test kit used for my pvl measuring 103 was Amplicor hiv-1 monitor test kit virson 1.5 the test was performed 4 months after i had unprotected sex. as my all other reports are below . At the end of PVL test report it says (as " Provisional number values lower then the low detection limit of the test kit is 400 copies/ml ( standard protocol) do u think its a undetectable viral load.

Hello again and thanks for your post.

Response from Dr. Young I'm a bit confused. If the lower limit of detection (and therefore, validity) of the plasma viral load test (PVL) is 400, then there is not point in even thinking about the validity of a result that reports 103 copies-- that is to say that officially, your test is a non-detected result. It's not at all clear that your current test indicates anything else (including being HIV infected).

Granted, a HIV antibody test at 2 weeks (even with an actual infection) is likely to be negative, your concern is legitimate.

So no matter how you interpret your current tests, I'd find them inconclusive. A HIV antibody test at 3 (or 4) months, if negative would be definitive.

I hope this helps. BY

di Dr, my readings are as below. plasma viral load 103 as per AMPLICOR HIV-1 MONITOR Test with out medication. CD4 750, CD4% 28. All other tests related to different organs, CBC, HCV,HBSag normal. The test was performed 4 months after i had unprotected sex.I was tested HIV negative 2 weeks after unprotected sex and did not test the same again . I fear with my viral load that level 4 months after infection could it be false. How do u view this results. My plv report also quotes as " Provisional number values lower then the low detection limit of the test kit is 400 copies/ml ( standard protocol) what is this and do i mean to have undetected PVL. Please help.

Hello again,

Yes, your follow up is consistent with my initial premise-- namely, that the report of PVL of 103 cannot be interpreted as a positive test. Another way of stating this is that the test is not reliable below the detection limit.

Taken in total, I'd conclude that your testing is negative to date.

Be well, BY

Truvada is causing my kidney to leak Phosphorus, what's the alternative?
Condom broken with prostitute, should I get PE?