UGH PEP AGAIN! AFTER MY CLINICAL STUDY?

Dr. Mc Gowan, So I just finish my PEP meds and celebrated with my new guy BUT, Here is the real stupid part of me and I feel so freakin dumb, but I had sex with him bareback and he bleed on my penis. We COMPLETELY STOP! I wash off myself.I know IT SUCKS FOR ME. I just met this guy last week and he tells me he had sex with a guy that was positive a week ago. What do I do now after finishing my PEP meds? Do I have to go through that 28 course again!!?? The good thing is I didnt really get any side effects with the pills. Is it safe to go through pep again. By the time I go to the clinic its going to be 18 hours from exposure because their close now. Please help me!! Im freakin out again. I thought I was relax after taking the fist course and now nervous again... I KNEW I SHOULDVE USE A CONDOM =< Please get back at me ASAP. Thank you Doctor =<

Response from Dr. McGowan

Yes, you should restart the PEP since you may have had a new exposure. The PEP meds only help while they are in your blood. Once you stop the meds are out of your system in a day or so (depending on the combo used). There is no harm in retreating, these are the same meds that people with HIV use for years at a time and tolerate very well.

Yes, it is best to use condoms!

Joe

a toilet paper with blood can I get Hiv
NONE REACTIVE HEPA B