|Chantix and Truvada/Sustiva therapy
Sep 11, 2010
Can I start quitting smoking whit Chantix while therapy with Truvada/Sustiva?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Given the increased risk that persons living with HIV have for a variety of tobacco-related illnesses (cancer, emphysema, heart disease), it's entirely appropriate that you have concern about quitting smoking.
Chantix is very effective in helping motivated persons quit smoking; there aren't any significant drug-drug interactions between Chantix and your HIV medications. It's been an important element in helping many of my patients quit. I just wish more in the community were aware of the need and potential benefit.
Good luck; let us know how this works for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.