Lack of Ritonavir

Dear Doctors, I'm going to try to explain in english since dr Natterstad is not in service until sep-10. I live in Mexico and frecuently we have lack of medicaments. Since we do not have Ritonavir, since yesterday I'm taking 2 pills daily instead 4, as a fact, I will be running without any pill for 5 days. My doctor says is no problem with that, but I want to be sure that I can keep with Truvada and Aptivus only, or is better to stop for 5 days all the treatment. Please, please let me know what to do. Thank you very much for your support. God Bless you

Hello and thank you for your post from Mexico.

Since tipranavir (Aptivus) requires ritonavir (Norvir)to achieve effective drug levels, it would be better to stop all of your antiretroviral medications until all of your medications are available.

I hope this helps, BY

Help
inconclusive HIV testing results