Sep 3, 2010
i m suffering from sec. syphilis is there any chance to be infected by hiv......
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Just because you have syphilis infection doesn't mean (or rule out) that you have HIV infection. However, since both are sexually-transmitted infections, it would be customary to test you for HIV.
I hope this helps and wish you well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Can I Get Std From Giving A Women Oral Sex?
- Canker Sores On Tongue Oral Sex?
- Does HIV Symptoms Reappear 6 Months After Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.