|HIV SPREAD FROM FOOD PREPARED BY HIV+ person
Aug 31, 2010
Can you get HIV if the person preparing your food got blood on your sandwich and you ate it right away??? This is of great concern to me. Please help me PLEASE! I donate money often
| Response from Dr. McGowan
HIV is not easily tranmitted through the GI tract...that is eating food. Even the rates with oral sex have been too low to quantify accurately. I would not consider this to be a high risk situation. Best,
PS I would answer the same even if you did not donate any money
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can U Get HIV From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Can You Get HIV From Blood In Food?
- Can You Get Hiv If An Hiv Postive Person's Blood Touches Your Food?
- Can Anxiety About Catching Hiv Make You Get Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Can A Normal Blood Test Catch Hiv?
- Can Expired Condom Cause Hiv Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.