HIV pep pill

Hello. I'm wondering if u can help. I'm on day 6 of pep pill. I'm feeling very depressed, I can't be in social crowds or situations, I've been sick and feel in extremely tired. Tonight I have even been suicidal. I don't kno what to do

Hello and thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear about your HIV exposure- feeling isolated and depressed isn't an unusual experience after going through this and the subsequent need for HIV PEP medications. I know, I went through this many years ago.

But know that if started early, your risk of getting HIV infection is very low. Know too that if your feeling sick and fatigued to contact your healthcare provider tomorrow to communicate your symptoms- it's possible that you're having an unexpected side effect to your medications.

Lastly, if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself, please reach out to your friends or local healthcare team. We're here to help, but likely far away from where you live.

Be well, BY

Mechanism of resistance? How does it work
changing medication