HIV Exposure through work!

Doc:

I'm in law enforcement and I got into a physical confrontation at work with a subject while arresting him. But at the time he had recieved care for a wound to his left hand that was bandgaged. He became physical and I had to restrain him during the attempt I cut my self and I wasnt sure if I had any of his blood contact my open wound. I did have some of his blood on my uniform. I went to the Doctor who gave me Combivir twice a day. Is my exposure high or low to HIV. I'm a little scared.

Hello and thank you for your post.

I'd think that your exposure was low risk; nevertheless, it's seems reasonable to undergo post-exposure prophylaxis with the Combivir. Make sure to stay in contact with your prescribing healthcare provider about any side effects and to get the usual laboratory monitoring.

Be well, BY

Question About CD4 counts
Does food make Isentress stronger ?