|HIV Exposure through work!
Aug 28, 2010
I'm in law enforcement and I got into a physical confrontation at work with a subject while arresting him. But at the time he had recieved care for a wound to his left hand that was bandgaged. He became physical and I had to restrain him during the attempt I cut my self and I wasnt sure if I had any of his blood contact my open wound. I did have some of his blood on my uniform. I went to the Doctor who gave me Combivir twice a day. Is my exposure high or low to HIV. I'm a little scared.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
I'd think that your exposure was low risk; nevertheless, it's seems reasonable to undergo post-exposure prophylaxis with the Combivir. Make sure to stay in contact with your prescribing healthcare provider about any side effects and to get the usual laboratory monitoring.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.